Friday, September 2, 2011

Peanut - Butter


Cookie recipe week 2 done.



This week's cookie recipe is adapted from one of Gwyenny’s(Gwyneth Paltrow's)recipes and in honour of our newest family member ‘Peanut’ and the soon to be ‘Butter’ (my girls pet mice). Suckered into getting rodents – can you believe it?


Peanut butter & 
  Chocolate chip cookies 
These are insanely good

YOU'LL NEED:

1 ¼ cups of any which flour you like – I used wholewheat

125g butter

200g organic peanut butter - no added sugar or salt


½ cup of rapadura sugar

½ cup of dark muscovado sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla


1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon bi-carb (baking soda)


2 cups of choc drops – I used a mix of dark and milk

½ cup of fresh peanuts – optional(these were the winner for me and Rochie)

sea salt to sprinkle on top
(*EDIT - BEAT PEANUT BUTTER & BUTTER WITH SUGARS)


How to make them:
Preheat the oven to 180c

Whip the butter, peanut butter and sugars together till they are like my pic
Add the egg and vanilla – whip again
Now shift the flour, baking powder, bi-carb (which is baking soda in the states), cinnamon and salt into the butters and gently on low speed, mix

Finally add the chocolate and mix on high for a second or two
Once it's mixed,I halved my mixture(so Frank would actually eat them).Set aside half plain(only if you want),the other half I added freshly shelled peanuts (this was under strict instructions from Rochie)and again gave it a quick mix

The no peanut version

Roll into small or large balls – the mixture is very crumbly (especially with the peanuts) so clump them together, place on a lined baking sheet, sprinkle with a little Maldon sea-sat and bake for about 10min (depending on their size) at 180c with a low fan
(A few minutes less if you like your cookies a little bit softer)
This recipe will make around 20 large cookies or 40 small. And you can roll the mixture into a log and wrap in wax-paper and freeze and then slice dough off as needed and bake fresh cookies every time.

 

Deliveries all round. Max took some to band practice (got no feed back‘Band’?) Rochie doesn’t actually need to make any of these recipes because I am delivering cookies every time I bake them – she LOVED them and said they were her kind of cookie - Phew!
They are definitely my kind of cookie!
Best I give most of them away or all my hard work,running,walking and training will have been for nothing.

Next week I’m making Daniella’s biscotti.

©Michelle Schoeps 2013
                                                   All photos taken by Michelle Schoeps

No comments:

Post a Comment