Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ginger Tea with Turmeric




April last year was my last post, I can hardly believe it's been that long!

So I'm back! As often as I can find time. 
I will post simple, quick, BASIC recipes that have become part of my repertoire.

Feel free to share my recipes with friends and family and please make a conscious effort to try and feed your children and yourselves real, wholesome, nutritious food and when faced with illness look beyond pharmaceuticals and try natural first.
Turmeric 

So I begin with an oldy but a family favourite Ginger Tea with Turmeric. 
When there is sickness of any sort in our house,(which touch wood for the time being there is not) I whip up my Ginger Tea and lately with the added bonus of Ovvio organics Turmeric root powder (but if you can get yourself fresh organic turmeric even better.

Ginger Tea with Turmeric



You'll need a tea pot

Get yourself a decent knob of ginger, remove the tough skin or if you happen to find young ginger there is no need. Slice it finely and pop it into you tea pot

1 organic unwaxed lemon. The juice of the whole thing or half, depending on how sour you like it (we like it sour)

1 or 2 teaspoons of raw untreated honey (completely optional)

1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric (I use Ovvio organic turmeric root powder) or a small knob of turmeric grated 

Cover with just boiled filtered water and let it steep for an hour. Then through a sieve, pour it into a glass bottle and store it in the fridge till cold. 
Serve over ice or drink it hot, either way it's delicious and so good for you!


©Michelle Schoeps 2015
All recipes and photos by Michelle Schoeps





1 comment:

  1. Ginger is one of the most widely used herbs in the world and has many health benefits. Tea is the most gentle form of consuming ginger. Ginger tea is a healthy beverage made from by peeling and grating fresh ginger root, immersing it in boiling water, and simmering the tea for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the desired strength.Read more on
    ginger tea | ginseng tea

    ReplyDelete