Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Apples, apples and more apples!

Apples, Apples and more apples!
I couldn’t resist buying my local organic store almost out of apples today. They looked crisp and crunchy, just the way we like them – New season delicious Gala’s and I needed to know we had enough to get us through the week!


We are known to go through a lot of apples in this house! Everyone in the family has a favourite type and there is nothing better than buying new season organic apples, they taste like heaven - crisp, juicy and just a little tart.

Frank’s mad for apples, maybe that has something to do with the amount of apples I ate whilst pregnant with her? I pretty much ate and breathed apples all day long. They couldn’t keep up with me at the market. Every Wednesday I was there as they opened, to make sure I got first pick of the new season apples and I would pretty much buy them all, then be back on Saturday to stock up again. And when I wasn’t eating apples, I was sucking on those apple juice icypoles, which are also on the favourite list in our house. This was by far my healthiest pregnancy – craving’s wise, maybe that’s why Frank loves healthy clean food!

©Michelle Schoeps 2013
All photos taken by Michelle Schoeps

No comments:

Post a Comment