Monday, December 12, 2011

Curry in a hurry



I've had people far and wide ask me about my butter chicken recipe.....it looks amazing - yes?
Well I can assure you it doesn't take a genius to make this.
All you need is chicken thighs, cream and a jar of my all time favourite Butter Chicken sauce - yes, it's out of a jar!
And it's organic!

Make some rice, chop up some coriander, a dollop of whole natural yogurt and dinner is ready!

Much better than take away
How to make it:
Simply clean the chicken thighs of excess fat dice the chicken up - brown it off, in either a little ghee or olive oil
 
Then in goes your jar of sauce(and a little extra chilli if you like your curries HOT)
Cook in a low oven around 160c for an hour or two(or until the meat breaks up very easily) Then add the cream and cook for a further 20min and dinner is served.
If you can't wait and want it done quicker you could use chicken breast, but I love how melt in the mouth thigh becomes after slow cooking.
This is great meal to freeze and have on hand at a moments notice.
As simple as that and OMG so delicious!!



©Michelle Schoeps 2013
All photos taken by Michelle Schoeps

No comments:

Post a Comment