Friday, November 11, 2011

Slushie


The end of year is nearing fast.
So many end of year school events,concerts, farewell's, Christmas shopping, organising trips home to Melbourne and, thrown in for good measure, a little operation on my finger - today.
Shit!
I'm not very brave to say the least(actually I'm a major wuss), and the thought of having other people cooking for me kind of scars the bejesus out of me. Even more than going under and having someone remove my finger nail and the rest - I'll spare you the gory details.
So I've ordered some food from the 'Dinner Ladies'- thanks for that tip off Kaye.
And over the past week I've been cooking up a storm, so all Max has to do is make me brown rice and dinner is served.
My left hand will be out of action for 10 days, I hear you all saying..."Your lucky it's not your right",as I'm soon to find out, I think you need your left just as much as you need your right.
I've been run off my feet this week photographing as I cook and eat. And I will attempt to post what I've made in the next 10 days - but don't hold your breathe.
Fingers crossed I'll be back in the kitchen in 2 weeks time cooking up goodies in preparation for Christmas - Oh, and my 1 year anniversary of the start of my blog!

I will leave you with my kids new favourite drink.

Pineapple-Mango-Orange and Mint 
Slushie

You'll need:
It's good if all your fruit is cold out of the  fridge.
1/2 large pineapple or 1 small pineapple skinned, cored and chopped into chunks
1 large mango - de-fleshed 
The juice of 1 large orange - minus the pips

As much or as little mint as you like
2 trays of ice - I used the Ikea moulds
Chuck everything into your blender and blend till smooth


So perfect for these super humid days Sydney is having, and the kids LOVE them!



©Michelle Schoeps 2013
All photos taken by Michelle Schoeps

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck and I will look forward to reading about your cook up in the coming weeks. Love that drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth. Will post another recipe tomorrow . x

    ReplyDelete